What is SSP’s ultimate goal?
We develop South Africa’s future leaders by identifying potential early and nurturing it holistically. We enable academically distinguished, low-income learners to flourish at South Africa’s top secondary schools.
We work to “level the playing field” by providing:
- A five-year full tuition scholarship
- An annual stipend to cover other costs such as uniforms and books
- Personal and leadership development, as well as mentorship for students and parents
How does SSP assess financial need?
Total annual family income must not exceed R200 000 (approx. USD $18,000).
Does SSP reach students in the townships?
Yes. A large percentage of Scholars come from townships.
How much of the overall budget goes to administrative costs?
We aim for administrative costs to be no more than 10% of the overall budget.
What is the cost of sponsoring a student?
Sponsorship is a rewarding relationship with an individual student that costs $5,000 per year for five years. Partial sponsorships are welcome.
Every amount has an impact!
- $50 allows a student to participate in field trips for one year
- $100 pays for a student’s school supplies for one year
- $200 pays for a student’s books for one year
- $500 pays for a student’s uniforms and academic support activities
- $1,000 funds tuition for one term